Fleet Laboratories invests record amount in their Watford manufacturing site
We believe that constant improvement of our manufacturing site is essential to prevent break downs, increase production efficiency and flexibility, and ultimately ensure that we provide our customers with the best service possible.
Our shareholders are committed to reinvesting in the business. In fact, the investment in our Watford manufacturing site since the beginning of 2009 is approaching £1 million.
Some of the projects carried out by Fleet’s highly qualified and multi-skilled team of engineers in 2009 and 2010 include:
- The redesign and construction of production line 1(to better utilise space and increase output)
- Upgrading of the purified water system (doubling its output from 30 m³ to 60m³ per shift)
- Installation of two 6500 litre manufacturing vessels
- Installation of a new cartoner, labeller and tube filler
- Installation of new cooling towers (previous cooling tower cooled 1 vessel from 70° C - 30° C in 2 hours. New cooling towers cool 4 vessels from 70° C - 30° C in 1 hour.)
In addition to the above, the dispensary and on site warehouse have also undergone significant improvement.